Sunday, January 2, 2011

Daadu Lived for Almost 100 Years ! Was ‘Usha Paana Chikitsa’ the Secret behind it ?

Well, I came to know about this chikista paddhati (therapy) through my dada ji.  The first thing that my daddu did after waking up was to drink lots and lots of water. At first he used to do a ‘kulla’, and after that, dada ji drank like a maniac ! One glassful of water after the other !

One day I asked him what exactly was he doing, as I was curious about it. He then told me that it is called ‘Usha Paana Chikitsa’ (उषा पान चिकित्सा) or jal chikitsa (जल चिकित्सा), popularly known as  water therapy in English. Now that he no more, and I think about my daddu, I can see that he lived a very healthy life, and rarely had any serious health trouble during any time. And he lived for almost a century ! So, definitely, his lifestyle, including his eating living and eating habits were responsible for it. And ‘Usha Paana Chikitsa’ was one of them !